- March went to a florida trip gone wrong, a hospital stay, and bed rest.
THANK GOODNESS it's April! I for one am not excited to repeat March 2012 any. time. soon
That being said, things are going well. Since looking at my family doctor like he was insane when being told that I needed to get up and get moving or my legs would turn to twigs..... I have discovered he is right. I went from hobbling around my hallway once an hour which made me both sore and out of breath, to being able to walk a decent distance and spend about 15 minutes on my feet without getting sore.
Unfortunately my left leg is still swollen and my foot is still remarkably fatter than it even got when I was pregnant (!). My ankle still throbs and there is still some tightness behind my knee.
But progress is progress. I went to church yesterday for the first time in a number of weeks. (You don't realize how much you miss it until you are back) and today after having blood work done Dave and I went and looked at lawn mowers..... i know first big excursion outside the house and I choose lawn mowers (Dave tried to help by calling it shopping.... didn't. fool. me)
Anyway, whilst March was not what I expected nor wanted I have high hopes for April.
Nevertheless, there have been big blessings mixed in with the not-so-fun moments. So here are some of the "high points" we experienced this 'interesting' month!
- Levi & being a mom
- he is a high point all on his own!! Watching him start to smile, suck his knuckles, and interact more are all wonderful blessings. Even more it is wonderful to watch him spend time with his daddy. His prescence has made some very low March moments a little easier!!
- Being 'laid up' has given lots of opportunity to just play with my baby, when if healthy, I would've found work to do
- Experiencing the true blessing of God's people as they rallied to help and support us
- Reconnecting and spending time with my aunts as they came to help out
- Spending LOTS of time with my mom
- Appreciating the little things we often take for granted
- For example:
- sleeping in my own bed
- showering without assistance
- walking to my baby's crib
- being able to fully straighten my leg
- being able to give Levi a bath
- My first Limo ride (dave and my brother-in-law picked us up from the airport so I would have room to lay down. I slept most of the way.... but I was still in a limo)
- Healing, moving around, and feeling generally better a lot quicker than was originally expected
- Coming home
So that's that.
A random rambling to start off the new month. Here's to April!!
No comments:
Post a Comment