Friday, April 5, 2013

pushing air

It occurred to us the other day (actually to me....when I say "we" I really mean that i think of something and tell him). Nevertheless we realized that we were going to need a double stroller. I had already been oogling another stroller of someone else's and decided to do a little research.

This stroller was going to be a bit of investment so I wanted it to be worth it and also find the best deal.
I ended up probably doing 2 weeks of research. There were TONS of places that sold them. Very few that provided free shipping, were in Canada, or had a good deal. I finally found one on Kijiji brand new and for a great price.

However, because it was in the box it'd be buying before trying. So I sheepishly asked a my sister-in-law to be's sister (did you follow....??) if I could come look at hers. She gladly welcomed me into her kitchen and gave me a 'tour' of the stroller. It was epic. I went home - told my supplier I would purchase it and met her the next day in London.

I was already headed there for Dr.'s appointments and mom & maddy came with to do some shopping. I had to go to the doctors so they were the first ones to try out the stroller. They LOVED it. They texted me telling me how much they loved it. When I met them at the mall I had to remind them that although they loved it, it was MY turn.

This was not a stroller that just held the bags while others carried the baby.
It swiveled. It turned on a dime. It went through bumps on the parking lot. It folded easily.

Also get this. With some extra attachments it can:
- Have 1 toddler seat
- 2 toddler seats
- 1 car seat and 1 toddler seat
- Just a car seat.
- They can face each other, 1 face me - 1 face out, or both face out.

Let me just have a picture show you.




Combination Heaven. 

It's a Baby Jogger City Select. It might be my new best friend (if aluminum and mesh could have feelings).

To be real I must add that my brother did kindly note one downfall. "Does it get you jogging Big K?"
Unfortunately....
A mere stroller cannot accomplish that miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Yay - I'm planning to get the same one, and have been scouring kijiji with no luck! So good for you. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete