Friday, May 3, 2013

Project Week Round-up & A Question for you about the bedroom (wink wink.....)

Well it's Friday!! Congratulations are in order for those whom this actually means something. If not, happy Friday anyway... maybe your child will give you 1 less poopy diaper today as a pre-weekend gift!!

Annnyyyywaaayyy.......

I hope y'all enjoyed this week's little round- up of finished to-do-lists and updated rooms at the Passchier residence.  Just a few minor details I wanted to cover before you can look forward to a regular week of rambling blogs about baby gates, pregnancy and a toddler whose newest obsession is to "sweep" the kitchen (... just to clarify ... not helpful).

1. First, thanks for all your kind comments and "likes". I found the 'stats' button this week (after 2 years of blogging) and on average about 150+ people are reading each post. I was shocked & humbled. I knew mom & grandma were reading but it's nice to know that what I'm writing isn't just floating into the interwebs!

2. Let's Be Real
I'm going to come right out and say it. Those pictures were staged (gasp! gasp!) In case you might've not already realized that - our house doesn't always look like that. I took pictures on a day I'd vacuumed, you weren't close enough to see the dust, and Levi tore each apart about 10 seconds after I finished picture taking.
If you had come to visit this morning you would've found a child still in his dirty diaper at 10 am, sitting amongst a sea of spilt cheerios playing with an empty pop can because nothing is quite as thrilling as the sound it makes when you crinkle it.

3. What's Next?
If you know my mom (if you don't... apparently I'm just like her) you'll realize that there is always another project on the back burner. I still have a few things to hang up, I just finished painting a mirror and we are looking into getting a new laundry tub. Things never stop.... just pause sometimes as we wait for tax refunds or good deals. Whichever comes first !!
However, because we seem to be getting some nice weather I am itching to get outside! We planted some new small cedar trees and extended a garden but I am still eager to get my hanging baskets, make my summer pots, lay some mulch & flagstone and transplant some flowers & grasses for the extended garden. Once spring hits, inside painting jobs get laid aside in favour of being outdoors.

4. A question for you
Speaking of painting projects... I do have another one brewing however, it involves painting a whole room so I'm saving it for a fall or winter project seeing as I want to be outside. Oh, and also cause there might be this whole having-a-brand-new-baby-in-July thing. Anyway, the room I'd like to paint next (did I mention we also painted the upstairs bathroom, downstairs bathroom, & laundry room in the last couple of months.....) is our bedroom. We painted it with extra paint from the living room when we moved just to freshen it up. However, I haven't ever been really sold on the colour (it's a beige) and so no decorating has really gone into it. Also, because it's not a room people see new prints/decor have been put in rooms that people see and make an impact. But I think I'd like to do that this fall. I just have to wait to be inspired.

So with all that being said, here is a question for you....
(warning: I tried to find a more reasonable/tactful way to put this but I'm tired.. so put aside your giggles and here goes......)

What do you use your bedroom for?
**wink wink.
No seriously. Is it an abode from your children? Another office? A place to crash after a busy day? A TV room or reading room?

Growing up bedrooms were never used often. We prefered to be where the family was and because dad refused to heat the upstairs they were always frigidly cold. As such, it's not a room I'm used to spending much time in. I don't have books to read piled on the side table, or a desk, or a TV. I am often bafffled by the glamorous IKEA bedrooms advertised with reading nooks & bistro tables. But still I am curious.... so lay it on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment