Saturday, June 2, 2012

i didn't expect this

Yesterday i went to the hemotology specialist (ie. blood doctor) in London to receive the results from the ultrasound ON MY LEG. (just making sure no one is getting confused).

and i recieved some very good news!


I am off blood thinners. Just like that. Apparently blood clots start out more 'jelly-like' and the blood thinners help dissolve them. However, the clots that are still in my veins are scar tissue and will continue to dissolve on their own. There is blood flow through the vein and therefore, the blood thinners are not necessary anymore.

After having Levi I almost had toxemia (another issue with blood) and had to be put on thickeners for 24 hours after birth. Due to this, and the blood clots, I am having some tests done in the next couple of weeks to check for any chronic conditions.

Other than that we are good to go. As long as I avoid a sedate lifestyle and keep up my level of activity I am not really at risk of developing more clots. I still have some swelling, aching and discoloration but the doctor informed me that these will all continue to decline.

When (down the very far down road) we decide to become pregnant again I do have to see the specialist early in pregnancy to check for any issues, etc. and once I give birth I will have to be on blood thinners for 6 weeks.

So to me this is all good news! I did not expect when I walked in yesterday to be told that I would not be on blood thinners any more. It is definately an answer to prayer. I went into the hospital March 7th and less than 3 months later I am pretty much back to my regular self (minus still having to take it a little easier) and off blood thinners. THANKFUL!!

Thank you for all your prayers - they definately paid off. This could have been a lot worse, and time and time again God has shown us that he is infinitely good! If you are willing please continue to pray for us in terms of further healing, the results of the next blood tests and the insurance process.

We still aren't sure why this happened, how come this happened, or if there was a bigger reason behind all of this. But we are resting in the following:

"For I know the plans I have for you SAYS THE LORD"

amen.


1 comment: