Thursday, May 2, 2013

Toy Room

This is one room that hasn't been done recently... but I never got around to taking pictures OR posting anything about it. This room was originally the office when Dave's parents lived here, but we decided to make it into a toy room. We moved in November 2011 and Levi was born February 2012. But it wasn't until last summer that I painted this room. It wasn't urgent, nor completely necessary for us to have right away so it was put off. 

Instead I painted just about every room (including the upstairs hallway which I did 4 days before delivering Levi..... hint hint for any ladies wishing to bring on a baby). Anyway, it wasn't until after I was feeling better from a blood clot that I decided to do something this room. My hubby even commented that he knew his wife was feeling better when he came in the house and smelt paint!! 

Again, I don't have before pictures but here are the afters: 


Toy room from the door & a little photo bomber!  Sorry for the pic. quality but I was
too impatient to wait until dark.

Bookshelf/Toyshelf


Airplane Shelf & Chalkboard Table 



and these are my cutie cloth diapers. (Our drying rack is also stored in the toy room!!)




Originally when I completed the room last year I painted the walls blue (after removing some border) and painted the bookshelf white. It was a gift when I was a kid for my bedroom. After removing the doors and painting it white it makes for a perfect addition to the toy room.

The big comfy chair has been around for eons. Originally my parents, and then moved to their basement when they got new furniture, and then to storage, and then to my basement when they got more new furniture and then to the toy room. I thought about getting a slip cover but never invested the money!! 

Once we recieved a new TV stand as a Christmas gift this past Christmas, our old TV stand was repurposed for the toy room (the black thingy) and it stores Levi's stuffies.

Around September I painted the chair & table set white, the same white as I use EVERYWHERE else in my house and the top I did with chalkboard paint. A small tip when using chalkboard paint - always ready your surface first. What I mean by that is cover the whole thing in chalk before you write anything, or you will always see remnants of your first words! 

 And really recently (as in last week) I painted the airplane red. This is the same paint as you saw on the red chair in Monday's post. 

The boxes & 3 small bowls  are all from Home Hardware and purchased new, however, the toys, books, games, etc. are all gifts or thrifted/free grandma find (ie. lamp, airplane & chair/table set)

Levi doesn't use the room much as he's still in that stage where his toys must be wherever mom is. But it's been great for neices and nephews who know exactly where to go to find toys and tear the room apart. Nice for them, and nice for me - cause when they leave there's only 1 room to clean up..... usually!

Don't forget...
You can check out the new nursery by clicking here
or Levi's new African Themed room by clicking here


1 comment:

  1. I see a picture that looks very familiar! Can't get wait to pick out another one for baby #2 (but act surprised when you get it)!

    ReplyDelete