Wednesday, July 4, 2012

i thought i might be done....

you may have noticed (or i may be flattering myself by thinking you have) that this little piece of not-so-personal-internet-journalling has been quiet the last month. This has been both intentional and non-intentional.

Let me explain.

I have been convicted of late by the idea that if I am putting my ideas, and life, and opinions in writing with the intention of other people reading it then I have to make sure that my posts are both God-honouring and are a blessing to others.

And to be honest, I was struggling with this a little bit. Because there is sooo much judgement and comparisons and I didn't want to be the cause of someone comparing themselves to the life that I blog about on the internet (which - HUGE shocker - is sometimes a lot different than my real life).

I have read blogs before and come away comparing my baby, and my home, etc. etc. and coming up short OR completely opposite, tearing the person up (in my head) to build myself up. Yep - there's some non-flattering honesty for you.  And I don't want that to happen to other people.


But at the same time, I have missed this little piece of writing and I realized that while I am going to blog before I do I will:
a). pray before I post something
b). read it with a critical eye to ensure that I am not posting for wrong reasons
c). I can bring blessing with my post.

But after that, I feel that it is out of my hands. And I want to blog.

I want to tell you about how Levi is rolling over, and his first experience with homemade baby food, and my cloth diapering experience thus far. And how cute it is to see him in the barn with his daddy, and my first mother's day, and dave's first father's day, and what a wonderful thing grandma's are , and how a little baby can make his uncles complete gah-gah.

So I am going to.

But here's a disclaimer:
First, Levi might come across a little perfect in this blog. Because I am writing with the rose-coloured-glasses of a first time mommy who is completely enamoured with her baby. But he's not. So remember that.
And second.
There is going to be a lot of Levi. If that bores you to tears, I apologize. Don't read it, skim, or look at how many comments it gets on facebook to see if it's worth reading. It's up to you. His grandma's & great-grandma's will read it and that's good enough for me!!

So if you haven't noticed the quiet, or even if you have..... get ready for some posts, some randomness, and a lot of Levi.

We're back.


2 comments:

  1. great post Kirsten...I have been struggling with blogging too, but moreso the time it takes away from the fam. I also totally understand and can relate to your concerns too!! I'm learning that every baby is different, so it's really impossible to compare parenting styles. You may parent your # 2 completely different than Levi even!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with the time it takes away from him too. But I figure that I am willing to vaccuum while he's awake - I may do something I enjoy while he's awake too. He is such an easy baby and I usually write posts in my head so by the time I am at the computer I just have to bang it out!

      Delete