Tuesday, November 13, 2012

let's be real

With Christmas coming up quickly it seems that just about everyone has jumped on the pinterest bandwagon and are fervently pinning thier favourite holiday inspiration.

I am inspired as well. However, my home is currently missing a few key pieces for one key woman for her one key home tour. But that's for another time.

So before I post any christmas decorating pictures, or fantabulous baking ideas (yah right...) I thought that I'd get into the spirit of christmas by getting real. Because what Christmas is really about is who you love and who loved you enough to come to earth. Not about how much you love rustic stars, birch wood, and sparkly ornaments (but.... oohhh... I do love me some birch wood)

 Because honestly, when I do post pictures of my Christmas tree the house will be vaccumed, and if I am in them... I will be showered. (a challenge I assure you)

So when you are comparing your version to the perfectly perfect pinsteration.
Here's what might really be behind it.

(Or maybe it's just me. Either way, welcome to our house)

On sick days (ie. this past Sunday) it is perfectly acceptable to share saltine crackers with your 9 month old. In a room with a black rug. You vaccuumed Friday? who cares.....

Exploded diaper... who needs a bath? The laundry sink and some dish soap works just as well.

Those Halloween chocolates that were supposed to last more than a week.... Gone. They may or may not have reincarnated as 2 pounds on the scale.

Using McDonald's as a bribe to encourage your husband to come grocery shopping with you. Perfectly acceptable.

Eating McDonald's at least twice a month. Also, perfectly acceptable.

Also acceptable... deciding I-am-too-lazy-to-make-breakfast so your son has a piece of bread. And get this, it was white bread

And just for the final cherry on top....
Remember that adorable picture of Levi I added to my parent's anniversary blog post?

Here's the outtake.

Gotta love 'em.

Here's hoping your home's cleaner, more organized, and breakfast a little more healthy.
And if not....

Welcome to the club. 

1 comment: