Saturday, November 10, 2012

Solicited Advice

If you are pregnant or a mother you will understand that no one gets more UNsolicited advice than these type of women.

My favourite,
" You'd better get ready... you look like you can go ANY day"

Or what about this classic,
" You know you can't get pregnant if you are breastfeeding" (puh-lease. not taking that chance!!)

Anyway.............

My point is, is that often we get much unsoliticed advice and so-called "words of wisdom" - so this time I'm asking for it.

So lay it on me,

" How do you cook chicken so that your husband likes it?"

" Do you let your baby cry it out in the middle of the night?"

" What are some easy solutions to quick & healthy breakfasts/lunches for your baby whose is eating most table foods?"

" How do I convince my 9 month old that getting his bum changed is NOT the end of the world? "

" Any advice for Christmas decorating with a boy that gets into everything ? "

ready. set. go

1 comment:

  1. Heyy! I know all about that unsolicitaed advice thing!!

    1. about chicken - the key is to NOT overcook it, in my opinion. Maybe try buying grainfed chicken as I find it is much moister. Also - creamy-based chicken sauce is always a winner! :) in my opinion!

    2. about crying it out - I have never done it and my daughter is six-months. Sure, I've left her crying for five minutes because I seriously needed five minutes of peace, but I have never let her cry for prolonged periods. My reasoning is that she gets very worked up and SCREAMS, and is easily calmed by some snuggles. I have lots of people suggesting the cry it out method when she cries in the night, but I can't bring myself to do it. That's my thought though...you do what feels right to you! But don't feel bad if it doesn't feel right to let your little guy cry it out!

    ReplyDelete