You know that feeling? Some of you may not admit to this because it is kind of a selfish quality – but every once in a while you have to admit that you are lookin' good – and it is time to strut your stuff, shake what your momma gave ya, if you got it – flaunt it (or any other appropriate and related saying – you take your pic)
Anyway, sometimes (not too frequently) I have those moments. I think I am looking good. Whether it is because I get to wear my new shirt, or my hair fell just right in the morning or I just woke up feeling grand – those times are times to be treasured.
There is just one problem…
And I find it occurs quite frequently
When I am busy strutting my stuff and feeling all high and mighty, it always seems like someone decides to give me a healthy dose of humility.
Don`t understand me?
Anyway, sometimes (not too frequently) I have those moments. I think I am looking good. Whether it is because I get to wear my new shirt, or my hair fell just right in the morning or I just woke up feeling grand – those times are times to be treasured.
There is just one problem…
And I find it occurs quite frequently
When I am busy strutting my stuff and feeling all high and mighty, it always seems like someone decides to give me a healthy dose of humility.
Don`t understand me?
Here are some examples…..
You are at school – you look cute – you are walking thinking how good you look to the crowd of people (who by the way, NEVER notice you) and as you are concentrating on keeping your back straight and head up and etc. etc. you miss the push bar for the door, your hand slips just past it and BANG your momentum smacks your head right into the door. lovely.
Or
You are heading into the mall with your group of friends and you look fantastic. Once again you are sooo focused on looking good – your foot ends up in the biggest, muddiest puddle of all time
Or
You get off the bus in front of the school, and fall not once, not twice, but three times CONSECUTIVELY on your way to the front door (in a kilt)
You see whenever my ego, and my self esteem, or my hot head, gets a little too high and mighty my clumisness is always standing near to help bring it down again.
The worst episode:
Take my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. Cute dress. Favourite granddaughter (ok exaggeration) and my fiance (now husband) is telling me i look great. this all equals the perfect opportunity for a humiliating lesson in the art of humility
Walking through the crowd towards my seat I get rammed by an aunt from one side and a stranger from the other side. Both trying to block and assist my unknown wardrobe faux paux. – apparently this favourite granddaughter`s cute dress was tucked into her just-as-adorable pink underwear.
Yep – once again this ego is back in it`s place.
And if you are wondering what made me think of all this. Let`s just say I tripped… on nothing. in the middle of the hall. At work. infront of a bunch of ladies playing cards
And if you are wondering what made me think of all this. Let`s just say I tripped… on nothing. in the middle of the hall. At work. infront of a bunch of ladies playing cards
............At least this time I didn`t fall ....(or flash my undies). 

hahah!
ReplyDelete