it's hard to believe that today is my 2nd last day at Mitchell & Area Community Outreach. i also know that it makes way more sense to blog about it tomorrow - my actual last day. But you have to understand that i have a particularly exciting weekend coming up, so i have to blog about that tomorrow (again - i am aware that only 2 posts ago i talked about throwing plans out the window.... but habits are hard to breal)
ANYWAY, today is my second last day at Mitchell & Area Community Outreach - and thus Monday is my 1st day at the Alzheimer Society. I have enjoyed my job a lot and it seems kind of odd that this week is my last. It also seems odd that I am typing this on my co-worker's computer while my replacement uses my desk. I already cleaned out my top drawer AND took away my pictures of Dave & I... i thought it a little wierd to make someone else have to look at us all week (we are pretty cute though)
i have sidetracked again. But my point is... well i don't actually have a real point with this post.
i am nervous. i am excited
i am hesitant. i am impatiently waiting for Monday to come
i am open to the challenge. i am anxious because i'm leaving comfortable behind
i am ready to no longer plan events. i am sad to leave behind fun day trips
i am eager to meet new friends. i am distressed to leave my current co-workers behind
i am ready. i want the week to slow down
i am a walking oxymoron (that really is the best description)
i want to move on. I am excited to start in an agency that I am passionate about and thrilled with the work they are doing. But with everything exciting and new - there is hesitancy.
especially since this wild child isn't the best with the unknown
but nevertheless there is one thing i truly have no doubts about ...
i am leaving an office i share with 3 people - for a big, beautiful office with the traditional L-shaped desk of my own!!
So excited for you, can't wait to hear all about it next week! Good luck!
ReplyDelete