HAPPY NEW YEAR!! It is officially 2012, which as you are probably aware is going to bring some BIG changes in a very small package to this family. We. Can't. Wait!
2011 was a big year for us. While it is true that so far the last years have had some monumental moments (ie. 2009 - engaged, 2010- 1st job, 1st home, graduated, married) 2011 had some big things as well. A bunch of our friends were married, we found out we were pregnant, and most recently we moved onto the home farm.
And when I type all that i realize that there is a definite trend. Our "big moments" are all blessed moments. Our big things from 2011 could be times of stress, of job loss, of home disasters, of family tragedies.
But they aren't. not because of anything dave and i did. and not because of anything we didn't do.
But because of an incredible Saviour who decided to bless us because he can. at the end of 2011 there are families and couples that are grieving, and mourning and struggling. and we are celebrating and looking forward and enjoying the life God has graciously given us.
It's an immense blessing.
One i take for granted WAY. TOO. OFTEN
This morning as we ushered in the New Year in church it was actually the children's message that got me thinking. The pastor said, "what about this new year is new?"
and really - what is?
It's a new calendar year. It's a new month.
the weather is the same. the earth looks the same.
and he mentioned that really, the new year isn't about the year, but about a new you. A new christian. A fresh start.
i am full-on PUMPED to see what this year has to bring. And part of me is assuming that it is going to be just as good as the years before. and i pray it is. But if not, i hope that i have the faith and the grace to say that God is just as good at the end of 2012 as i have said at the end of 2011
and that's really what this new year comes down to - with Christ- we can have the faithful assurance that this year, this life, can be full of joyful anticipation of what he'll bring. not because it could be 'the best year ever' but because it will be a year with Christ. and that's really all we can ask for.
i am not sure why but this hymn just popped into my head, so i will leave you with that.
Not what my hands have done can save my guilty soul;
Not what my toiling flesh has borne can make my spirit whole.
Not what I feel or do can give me peace with God;
Not all my prayers and sighs and tears can bear my awful load.
Your voice alone, O Lord, can speak to me of grace;
Your power alone, O Son of God, can all my sin erase.
No other work but Yours, no other blood will do;
No strength but that which is divine can bear me safely through.
I bless the Christ of God; I rest on love divine;
And with unfaltering lip and heart I call this Savior mine.
His cross dispels each doubt; I bury in His tomb
Each thought of unbelief and fear, each lingering shade of gloom.
I praise the God of grace; I trust His truth and might;
He calls me His, I call Him mine, My God, my joy and light.
’Tis He Who saveth me, and freely pardon gives;
I love because He loveth me, I live because He lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment