After 3 years of University i am heading back as a GEMS Counsellor for our church and i have the gr. 7 & 8 class.

11 year olds. a group of them.

What to do? Actually, that's not the difficult question - that's easy. Talk about boys, talk about school, do crafts, eat snacks, talk about boys (did i say that already?).... they love all that!!

But there's something else on my heart. This month's theme is Feed the Fire. Our theme verse is based on Revelation 3:15-16 "I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other. But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold. I
Overall, the verse seems kind of depressing and harsh. but as we sat in our counsellor meeting we discovered, that instead, it is just stark reality. Jesus doesn't want us to be lukewarm - he is encouraging us to Feed the Fire!

Herein lies the problem - how do i encourage and "fire up" a group of 11 year olds? How do I encourage them to be leaders and be consumed by the spirit? How do I convince, show, and explain to them that God is something to be excited about?

It's a prayer. a desire. a plea.

Please keep us in your prayers as we begin another exciting year together.

See you another time. another post. another everyday joy!
my goodness, that verse really frightens me! Its going to be a difficult passage to discuss with the girls - I wish you all the best!
ReplyDelete