here are some things i have come across lately that i like. i don't have a lot of time to write today. so it's a short one. happy reading anyway!

1. hollister is at a mall in kitchener. lame i know. but it makes christmas shopping WAY to easier.

2. a link i came across the other day. i think that this is very cool.
these will make a great christmas gift within the budget so you can save money and save lives
check it out at http://livefashionable.com/
the scarves are being made by women in ethiopia. and because they now have a job making scarves they no longer have to live a life of prostitution. (you can check out individual stories on the website).
3. it's remembrance day. and my brother quintin wrote the most FANTASTIC poem about it.
i think it is wonderful and so i have posted it below.
enjoy!!!

The Game
School is over the day is done
But my X-Box adventure, has just begun
I run downstairs, controls in hand
The purpose soldier... “ Take this land!”
I am excited this game is great
I will control, this soldiers fate
I lie in trenches await the call
Commander shouts, “ I shoot... they fall”
My feet I will to run, but no
They’re planted firmly, just won’t go
And now the bombs fall from the sky
I hear a soldier’s wretched cry
My blood is pumping, my palms they sweat
“This game”, I say... “Is not done yet!”
Controls in hand, I rise to glory
Load my gun. This could get gory!
I run. I fire. I fight till death
I pump my fist... “Oh sweet success!!”
The enemy once again defeated
My mission here boys, is completed
I walk away just feeling great
When in my tracks I stop, I wait
For on the T.V, is a mother
Who cries out for a fallen brother
They show me pictures of his wife
His sons, his home, his average life
I’m overcome, this guilt I’ve got
For playing games without a thought
Of real live men, who fought and lost
They paid the price, their lives the cost!
Tears in eyes, I grab the game
I feel the bitter ache of shame
Off the shelf, I do it fast
School is over the day is done
But my X-Box adventure, has just begun
I run downstairs, controls in hand
The purpose soldier... “ Take this land!”
I am excited this game is great
I will control, this soldiers fate
I lie in trenches await the call
Commander shouts, “ I shoot... they fall”
My feet I will to run, but no
They’re planted firmly, just won’t go
And now the bombs fall from the sky
I hear a soldier’s wretched cry
My blood is pumping, my palms they sweat
“This game”, I say... “Is not done yet!”
Controls in hand, I rise to glory
Load my gun. This could get gory!
I run. I fire. I fight till death
I pump my fist... “Oh sweet success!!”
The enemy once again defeated
My mission here boys, is completed
I walk away just feeling great
When in my tracks I stop, I wait
For on the T.V, is a mother
Who cries out for a fallen brother
They show me pictures of his wife
His sons, his home, his average life
I’m overcome, this guilt I’ve got
For playing games without a thought
Of real live men, who fought and lost
They paid the price, their lives the cost!
Tears in eyes, I grab the game
I feel the bitter ache of shame
Off the shelf, I do it fast
I throw that game, into the trash!!
Nice work Quintin!!
ReplyDelete