Monday, November 15, 2010

wonderbar weekend

‘twas one of those weekends that are CRAZY. But so crazy. And so packed full. So packed full – it was wonderful.

I realize that a lot of my posts are dedicated to family. And rightly so – I love my family and my hubby. I am around them a lot – and they do silly things ( also I don’t think it’s very appropriate to blog about work).
ANYWAY, this time my blog is dedicated to the wonderful people in my life that aren’t my family. But pretty much could be. My friends.

Here’s my (sorry… our) weekend:

Friday night: night at Christina & Dave’s. nothing out of the ordinary. The boys hang out in the other room and talk really really loud and the girls sit elsewhere. All the “couples” were there: Dave & Christina, Nikki & Rob, and Andrea & Brent. I feel like I haven’t seen them in a while – though in reality it was only 2 weekends ago. But we missed not hanging out. It’s like a staple for our weekend. Too much time without them and it’s withdrawal.

You see – a very important lady taught me that having a group of friends like that are a blessing. When I was little I used to look at my mom and her WEIRD friends, Veronica, Tanya, Aunt Diana, etc. I thought they were the biggest geeks that ever lived and they laughed at the stupidest jokes. But they thought eachother were funny. And even though I thought they were weird I wanted the same thing. Dave and I are super lucky to have friends that live close, that would do anything for us, and for some unknown reason, willingly hang out with us on a regular basis.

So that was Friday.

Saturday – came Shannon. Shannon was my best friend in elementary school and then we lived together in University. She showed up at 12 and we literally did not move from our position on the couch until 4:00 , when I was supposed to go do chores. We haven’t had a chance to talk 1 on 1 since I got married. To say the least – we had a lot to catch up on. She is one of those people that you can not see in a while and when you’re together feel like you haven’t missed a day. she is a beautiful woman of God and every time I am with her I see evidence of how God is working in her life and she challenges me to keep him at the center. I love her.

Saturday night was our Staff Christmas party. And even though Dave went to meet my boss for the first time with a scraggly, “movember” beard (I know it’s supposed to be a moustache- but he’s growing a beard) it was a success.

Sunday meant church & praise team and then Brad and Lauren came over. Brad is dave’s buddy from college – Lauren is one of my housemates from University. And because of a little chance meeting at a church in Drayton one weekend and the incredibly successful and pointed meddling of yours truly they are now dating. Awesome. A three hour visit engulfed by euchre and stale Halloween candy made the day.

This was all followed up by a supper with my brother Tyson (yep – I invite him over periodically for supper when I haven’t got to see him in the weekend. We like each other a lot more now that we don’t live together). Oh, and Maddy and Travis were there too. And then because dave and I were still on a euchre high we taught Travis how to play.

This crazy packed wonderful weekend was only heightened by the fact Corey & Laura’s daughter Molly was at the in-law’s all weekend and she is just about the most adorable thing ever. And then admist all this we welcomed a new nephew. Tayson Cornelius – a new son for Corey & Laura. I haven’t got to see him yet but I am pretty sure he’s going to steal my heart…. I have developed a weakness for all things nieces & nephews!

So that was our weekend. Old friends. Newer friends. Family that have become friends and best of all babies. Have I mentioned before… that I love my life?

1 comment: